Code Composer Studio 4.1. Code Composer Studio. Code Composer Studio includes a suite of tools used to develop and debug embedded applications. 2.9 (42 votes ) 184.108.40.206 ( See all) Texas Instruments Incorporated. Review Comments Questions & Answers Update program info. Now follow the Code Composer Studio Setup—Step 4 1 Emulation Driver Installation The USB 2.0 JTAG Emulator shipped with its drivers on CDROM media that are needed by Windows and Code Com-poser Studio for operation. WARNING Be careful to connect interface cables with the correct orien-tation. Pin 1 on the interface cable should match Pin 1 on. Parasoft C/Ctest Professional 10.4.1 (Eclipse) Page tree. Configure Space tools. Static Analysis with Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio.
- 4Using TI CCS with J-Link
- 5Adding J-Link support to older CCS versions
- 6Connecting to a J-Link via Ethernet
This manual describes the use of TI Code Composer Studio™ IDE v6.1 (CCS v6.1) with the MSP430™ ultra-low-power microcontrollers. This document applies only for the Windows version of the Code Composer Studio IDE. The Linux version is similar and, therefore, is not described separately. How to Use This Manual.
In order to use J-Link with TI CCS, min. V6.1.3 of TI CCS is required. Earlier versions might work but are not guaranteed to do so. Please understand that SEGGER does not provide any support for CCS versions earlier than V6.1.3.
Since TI CCS v7, J-Link is supported out-of-the-box if J-Link support is selected to be added at installation time of CCS.For more information regarding older versions of CCS: Adding J-Link support to older CCS versions.
The J-Link plugin can be automatically updated as any other Eclipse plugin. A manual update can be triggered via Help -> Check for Updates.
In the following, a short step-by-step tutorial how to configure a Code Composer Studio project to be used with J-Link, is given.
- Open the project to configure
- Open project properties by clicking ProjectProperties from the main menu and go to the General tab
- Make sure that the proper device is selected
- Make sure that Segger J-Link Emulator is selected as connection type
Ready for debugging
- Now the project is ready to be debugged with J-Link / J-Trace.
In order to get started with J-Link and CCS, please make sure that latest SEGGER software and documentation pack is installed, which can be downloaded here.
Adding J-Link to Available Software Sites
- Open CCS
- Open WindowPreferences
- In Install/Update select Available Software Sites
- Press Add..
- Enter 'J-Link Support' as Name
- Add the following URL as Location:
Note: The link is not browsable. Please do not try to download the plugin via your browser from the link above. The plugin is downloadable and installable via the TI CCS update interface only.
- Press OK
- Open HelpInstall New Software
- In Work With: field: Choose 'J-Link Support' from the drop down list
- Check J-Link support
- Click Next
- Click Next
- Click Next
- Accept the license
- Click Finish
- Restart TI CCS
Using J-Link in a project
- Open the target configuration (.ccxml file in the project)
- View Target Configuration can be used to find the target configuration file if necessary
- In the Connection field choose 'SEGGER J-Link Emulator' from the drop down list
- Check the correct target in the list below
- In the Advanced tab, additional settings are configurable , e.g. the JTAG speed
- The project is now ready to be debugged with J-Link
In current versions of the TI Code Composer Studio (CCS), the host interface to the J-Link (USB / Ethernet) can not be specified in the project settings.
The J-Link DLL allows to override the used host interface using the J-Link Commander String SetHostIF. This command string can be passed to the J-Link DLL using the J-Link Script File function InitEMU(). Please find below an example J-Link Script File, which forces the J-Link DLL to open a connection to the J-Link via IP (192.168.104.174). How to use J-Link script files in CCS is described in the article below.
- The work-around can be used with any J-Link with Ethernet interface.
- Native host interface selection, using the GUI in CCS, is planned for future versions.
- Make sure that J-Link CCS uses at least J-Link software version V6.20g
- Open the project
- Switch to the Project Explorer, browse to %PROJECT_NAME% --> targetConfigs and open the active target config with *.ccxml extension (e.g. CC2650F128.ccxml)
- Select the Cpu properties (see screenshot below)
- Switch to the Advanced tab (see screenshot below)
- Select the desired J-Link script file in the Cpu Properties tab --> J-Link Scriptfile Path (see screenshot below)
Per default a TI CCS project is in a so-called 'non-intrusive' debug mode.In this mode CCS will not set any breakpoints while the target is running, because this could effect realtime behavior as the target needs to be halted before setting a breakpoint.
It is possible to change this behavior.To do so, the following steps are necessary:
- Open your project in TI CCS
- Navigate to the Project Explorer
- Open the properties of your project (right click on the project -> Properties)
- Activate the intrusive mode: Debug -> Auto Run and Launch Options -> Realtime Options -> set Halt the target before any debugger accessProject properties: Allow to set breakpoints while running
Code Composer Studio is based on the Eclipse application framework anduses the Eclipse update manager for updates. This allows you to checkfor new versions of Code Composer Studio, compiler releases, new devicesupport as well as updates to other Eclipse plug-in packages that youhave installed.
When checking for updates Code Composer Studio will query a set ofupdate sites. Features and components typically have their own updatesite.
A new version of Code Composer Studio is released each quarter (4releases a year). Not all of the releases are available as updates. Ifthe first digit of the version has changed, such as 8.0, 9.0, 10.0… thenthat is a major release and is not available as an update. If only thesecond part of the version number changed then the release is availableas an update.
For example you can update from 8.0 to any 8.x release but not to a 9.xrelease.
By default Code Composer Studio automatically checks for updates whenthe application is launched. If there are updates available anotification will appear at the bottom right corner of the screen.
The updates settings can be changed via the Preferences dialog. Openthis dialog by going to Windows → Preferences on the menu. Type“update” in the filter box to quickly find the update settings. SelectAutomatic Updates in the tree on the left to access the automaticupdates settings. Here you can disable the automatic update check,adjust when it runs, change the download settings and control the updatereminder notification.
4.3.2. Manually Checking for Updates¶
You can also manually initiate an update check. This is useful if youhave disabled the automatic update check or have not restarted CodeComposer Studio in a long time.
To initiate an update check go to Help → Check for Updates on themenu. This will parse all the pre-configured update sites and display alist of available updates.
Select the updates that you want to install and click the Nextbutton to continue. This will take you through the update process. Formany updates the actual installation of the update will occur when theupdate manager prompts you to restart Code Composer Studio.
It is also possible to restrict the update check to a specific updatesite. This method is described in the Installing New Softwaresection below. This method can be useful if you have a slow internetconnection or if you are interested in updating a specific component.
The Install New Software feature is used when a new feature orcomponent needs to be installed. Installing an plug-in to integrate aspecific source control tool would be considered a new feature. Howeversome releases of existing features are also considered new features. Forexample, if you have version 16.9.0 of the compiler installed you wouldsee 16.9.x releases as updates. However a 16.12.x or 17.x.x release ofthe compiler would be considered a new feature.
If you need to install support for a new device family that was notselected during initial Code Composer Studio installation then you willneed to use a different process which is described in the Changing theCode Composer StudioInstallationsection.
To install a new feature simply go to Help → Install New Software onthe menu. A screen like the one below will be shown.
This screen has several fields and options. The Work with: field isused to configure which update site will be checked for updates and newfeatures. You can select a site via the drop-down selection or manuallyenter the location of a site. The list of sites displayed in the dropdown is configured in the Preferences dialog. The Managing UpdateSites section describes how to manage theupdate sites.
Once an update site is selected Code Composer Studio will query the siteand then display the features and updates available on the site. Herethe Code Generation Tools (compilers) update site has been selected andall of the compiler releases and updates available are displayed.
You can use the filter box above the list to search for a specific item.This can be very useful if the list is long.
4.4.1. Showing all versions¶
By default only the latest version of a feature will be shown. Forexample in the list above you see the 16.9.2 release of the ARMCompiler. If you uncheck the box labelled Show only the latestversions of available software then you also see the 16.9.0 and 16.9.1releases.
4.4.2. Display items that are installed¶
If you uncheck the box Hide items that are already installed thenyou will also see the versions of features that you have installed. Theicons for these items will be grey to reflect that they are alreadyinstalled. Unchecking this box can be useful if you want to see theversion you have and be able to quickly tell what the latest update forthat version is.
4.4.3. Target environment¶
The Show only software applicable to the target environment controlswhich host environment packages of an item are shown. For example anupdate may have different packages for Windows, Linux or MacOS.Unchecking the box will show all packages that are on the update site.For some features there are separate update sites for each hostenvironment. In that case the checkbox will have no impact.
Code Composer Studio 6
If your computer resides behind a firewall you may have to configure theproxy settings so that Code Composer Studio can access update sites. Bydefault Code Composer Studio attempts to use the proxy configuration setby the operating system. However in some cases the proxy settings needto be set manually.
To configure the proxy settings go to Windows → Preferences on themenu. Type Proxy in the filter box and then select NetworkConnections in the tree on the left.
There are 3 options for the Active Provider. Ondesoft spotify music converter activation code.
- Native Uses the proxy configurations set by the operating system.
- Direct Bypasses any proxy configurations set by the operating system and connects directly to the internet.
- Manual Bypasses any proxy configurations set by the operating system and uses the settings at the bottom of this dialog.
4.5.1. Manual Configuration¶
In the box Proxy entries fill in the proxy settings of your network.You may need to contact your system administrator to gather thatinformation. In the box Proxy bypass fill in the hosts that do notneed a proxy to be accessed. Basically any host on the company’sintranet.
In rare cases the settings above may not be working correctly. In thiscase, you can edit the file ccstudio.ini at /ccsv[x]/eclipse(/ccsv[x]/eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse for MacOS) and add thefollowing entries immediately after the first line:
- Replace 192.168.1.1 with the correct IP address of your proxy server
- Replace 8080 with the correct TCP port of your proxy server
- (optional) Replace mydomain/myusername with the correct proxy credentials
- (optional) Replace mypassword with the proxy server password
- (optional) In the entry Dhttp.nonProxyHosts, you can add as many entries or domains as you need, provided they are separated by the OR operand (the vertical bar )
You can manage the update sites that are searched during an updatecheck. This allows you to both add sites of your choosing, as well asremove repositories that have become unavailable or are simply notnecessary.
Code Composer Studio 9
To have access to the update site manager go to menu Windows → Preferences → Install/Update → Available Software Sites.
4.6.1. Adding a site¶
Click the Add button.
Depending on the type of update site the actions to perform vary.
- Server on the internet: provide both a name for the site and theurl of the site. This is the most common way to add new repositoriesprovided either by TI or by other third parties.
- Local repository: provide a name for the site. Click the Localbutton and browse to the directory where the local repository isplaced. To be properly recognized as a repository, this directoryusually has subdirectories named binary, features and plugins.
- Patch: click on Archive and browse to the .zip or .jarfile downloaded from the internet. Similarly as above, to be properlyrecognized as a patch, the .zip or .jar file usually hassubdirectories named binary, features and plugins.
4.6.2. Other actions¶
Code Composer Studio 4.1 Apk
- Edit allows editing an existing update site. The procedure isidentical as adding an update site.
- Remove removes the update site from the list. Cannot be undone.
- Reload reloads the information from the update site. For remotesites (servers on the internet), an internet connection is required.
- Enable/Disable toggles if the update site is used.
- Import imports a list of update sites in XML format. Useful insome instances where Code Composer Studio loses its update siteinformation.
- Export exports the current set of update sites to an XML file.
Some actions are not available through the update manager. For exampleif you need to add support for a new processor family that was notpreviously installed, or add support for a different debug probe, youwill have to run the Code Composer Studio installer to perform thisaction. This does not mean that you have to completely re-install CodeComposer Studio.
Run the installation program. You can download it again if needed.Choose the installation location that matches where your current CodeComposer Studio installation is located. Select the Product families ordebug probes for which you wish to add support. Click through the restof the screens. This will update your installation to match the newselections.
Certain components can be uninstalled from within Code Composer Studio.
Important: Certain core components such as DVT, Debug Server,Eclipse and CDT are critical for the operation of Code Composer Studioand will render it unusable if uninstalled. In other words, be carefulwhen uninstalling features and components.
To uninstall a component, go to Help → About Code Composer Studio onthe menu and click on the Installation details button. The screenbelow will be shown.
Click on the item that you wish to remove and click the Uninstallbutton.